3.14.2005

Pi Day

Yep...today is Pi Day. My cookies went over well. The activity would have worked better if the kids could measure better...such ratios as 2.9, 3.6 were common answers. (All rounded to the hundredths place you can tell...7th graders...) But it went well.

In 2015 it will be even cooler! 3.1415! yep....that'll be the greatest Pi Day!

In other news...I got mentioned on Amber's blog (live journal actually). I also was added to a contact list on Flickr for mathface. Groovy. He said my name was cool.

Anyways...in other news.

We had hockey practice tonight. I had to write a check for $140! Eeps! That paid for all the hotel for me, Shannon, and even Jenette and Chris from last time. Plus tonight's practice (at 10$ a head). But it was fun. I played goalie. Wow. That is so completely different! The gear is heavy, the thought processes are very different and it looks like a different game. You can see so much and just watch. It was fun. I didn't go great, but I didn't do horribly either. Just fun. I am tired all over now though.

Been painting and that is fun. Looking forward to Spring Break were I can paint and sleep a lot. Yep, very tired.

Night.

1 comment:

newgen said...

we have to put the date on everything we document and the only reason I remembered what today's date was was because I remember it was pi day :)