5.26.2006

White Room

The sadest looking part of leaving teaching is the empty classroom. I was going to take a picture to post, but I'd rather not have that as the image that ends my career teaching at JCMS.

Instead here are some pictures (and captions) from yesterday's festivities and todays.


At the rec, the best thing to do was to play basketball (lame, I know). Well, if you didn't notice, notice now. The two groups playing were the white friends (front left) and the black friends (back right). Sad.

A short time after this picture was taken, the two groups of students decided to slam each other based completely on race. They wouldn't stop either. Three teachers trying to get them to quit and no luck. I am so disappointed in the majority of the students. They are so much more racist than I've ever believed/seen/thought. Creates such as sad environment.

We spent the last week+ on fractals. For one of the activities, everyone made a piece of Sierpinski's triangle. This is as far as we got.



These are some of the fun kids. Or as they prefer, the Rockers. And me (check the tee).

No comments: