11.06.2006

Off to a Good Start

This last weekend was our first three hockey games for this season. We played St. Louis University on Saturday. We got mercied in that game, 10-0. Ouch. Then on Sunday we played Western Illinios Univeristy, and Southeast Missouri State University. We won the WIU game 10-7 and we lost the SEMO game 11-7. Did you read that, we won a game our first weekend! That is so good. We probably would have won the SEMO game, but Zac got suspended for "intent to injure" and Nate and Alex weren't there (the whole weekend). So that means we were down 3 of our best players. But it was a good time.

Shannon had a sweet wrap-around goal in the WIU game. Jeremiah had a big 4 goals! Awesome. I even got a shot on the goal that the goalie actually had to save in one game.

After the WIU game, one of the refs said, "Where's #9?" That was me, so I skated over. He put his hand out to shake mine and told me that I did a good job and that I had good positioning. That was nice. Also in that game, one of the WIU forwards told me (during a play) "good defense." I like that too.

On a not so happy note, Jenette took a pretty nasty fall in the last game and was down for about 3 minutes trying to breath normal again. Her back hit a skate hard and she got the wind knocked out of her and possibly a broken rib. Zac's mom is a chiropractic and said she couldn't tell if it was broke or not. It was quite scary. But she eventually was able to breathe better and got up. That sucked, not just because she was injured, but we were now down another defenseman. She was doing better by the time we got back home last night.

Despite the injuries and the losses, it was a pretty good weekend. A nice way to start our season.

2 comments:

Tuba Queen said...

I is so proud of you'se guys. I hope Jenette is better now & doesn't have a rib with a booboo. Its awesome you guys one a game. GREAT! And of course my sister got compliments, your my sister, right there is a compliment.:)

Irene said...

Poor Jenette, I hope she is better now. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! ALL of you did great. I'm glad you got recognition Nicole. You always worked so hard to be a really good player, and you are a really good player. What is your schedule this season? Are ALL the games in St Louis? Plse send me the schedule I'd really like to plan in advance to try to be at a game. It is always so much fun to watch and I never get to. Again I'm so proud of you. GOOD Job.