7.09.2008

Lawn Mowed (after 40 days)



One of the last things Shannon and I needed to buy was a lawn mower. So we checked out the Consumer Reports and found a good buy at a good price. So Monday the 7th we went to Lowe's and bought it. I got home, assembled the handled, filled her up with fluids and mowed the front lawn. It's a good thing to have a mower that starts and stays started. Mom's old mower was just too old...go figure.

Then I got to the back yard. That hadn't been mowed since we moved in (over a month). I went to raise the height of the blades and the metal lever that adjusts the front left wheel broke in half in my hand. Nice. You can see in the pic above, one wheel is silly. I mowed half the back yard anyway, but it was late so I stopped.

Tuesday we went to Lowe's and they said they needed the whole mower, so Wednesday we brought it in (which is a lot of work to cram a lawn mower in the back of our little Tracer, see the pic below). They easily gave us a new mower and last night (over a week later, I know) I mowed the lawn. So now, we have a lot full of brown grass. Excellent.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Don't worry. All you have to do is give it extra water and it will green up pretty fast. Love you guys and see you soon.

Irene said...

Don't worry. All you have to do is give it extra water and it will green up pretty fast. Love you guys and see you soon.