12.15.2007

Jardine Apartment Complex Complex

So, Shannon and I have lived in Jardine Apartments for over 6 years. We haven't had problems, besides it being rather small, but that is something we have decided it worth it for the price and the location.

But now I hate this place. And it's not the apartment itself, it's all the changes they've made since opening up the new buildings.

We no longer receive a visitors permit for our guests. If we have someone come over, they are to go down to Edwards Hall (campus police) and pick up a 1-day parking pass. If they want to stay more than 1-day, they are supposed to pay.

Then they removed our mailboxes. The old location of all 24 apartments having their boxes at the corner of the building was too convenient for the residents. We now have to go to a central location, building 7, to pick up our mail. All of Jardine (and there are way over 300 apartments) has to get their mail from one mail room. Kind of like PO boxes, but not by choice. It take about 5 minutes to get there and then you have to scan a card to get in and then use your box key to get your mail.

To make that more fun... If you've received a package that doesn't fit into your box (which most don't) and it is too big for the parcel boxes below (which happens), you receive a notice to go to the post office and pick up your package soon or they will mail it back to the sender.


Then just today, I tried to do laundry in our newly updated wash house. We have new washers and dryers. But we have to pay 75 cents for a wash and 75 for a dry. Not too big of a deal. But you don't put the money in the machine. No, way to easy. You have to use your K-State ID card. But I can't use mine. I have to use my husbands. And if you don't have money in your account, you have to go to a different building (Building 7 again) to put money on your, I mean, Shannon's card. Then I can do laundry.

I don't understand why they would take these things that work and then screw them up. I mean really screw them up. I can't wait to leave this place. If your considering moving to Jardine Apartments, don't. They suck on every level.

1 comment:

Tuba Queen said...

Losers