10.18.2006

Halloween Parties Missed

Some of my funnest memories of Lincoln Elementary school stem from the Halloween party. All the kids got to dress up and it was loads of fun. Now-a-days, students are not allowed to dress up. When I taught at JCMS, the principal said we couldn't dress up. Even if students payed a dollar for a fund-raiser and then wore a costume, they couldn't dress up. I reponded by wearing all black, with a slight bit of orange to show my support of the marvelous holiday.

Taking away Halloween from schools is sad. Teachers and students everywhere are going to miss wonderful costumes. Such as this fab zombie.
This is totally awesome.

1 comment:

Irene said...

I totally agree. It makes no sense at all to take the little things that are fun out of school. There is not enough laughs to get you through those years, why take so much away. Halloween is only All Hallows Eve, the night before All Saints day. and all Souls day. The night for the souls of those who passed to say goodbye and move on. that's it. no demon worshipping or any other thing that is evil. It's a day to celebrate, have fun and Eat candy. dress up and laugh. I wish schools allowed more of that.