7.24.2006

Crazy Play

At the Koyotes game on Saturday, I witnessed the craziest thing I think I've seen in football. Not my description may not fully meet the insanity of what happened, but I will try.

It was fourth down for the Koyotes, near their own 5 yard line. They were going for a long field goal (no punting in indoor football). The ball is hiked. The holder catches and places the ball. The kicker winds up for a kick. A defensive player from the Iowa Blackhawks runs around the blockade up front, picks up the football and runs it in for a touchdown. Wha?

None of the Koyote players did anything but watch. I think they were amazed. The reason no penatly for rushing the outside was called is that the ball was never kicked. No kick, no penalty. Just a crazy touchdown by a surprised defensive player for the Blackhawks.

Crazy.

Also, Desmond Tipton still plays and wears the bandana Michelle once had.

2 comments:

Big Red said...

That's crazy. Also, that's Michelle's old bandana. Sweet.

The Math Ninja said...

Well. About 3 years ago, Michelle asked Desmond for it and he gave it to her. The next year, she gave it back to him at the Championship game. So it was hers for a year.