6.05.2006

Caution: Family at Work

This weekend Shannon and I went to Wichita. Actually we went to Junction with Aaron for a JC Generals game and then to Wichita (sans Aaron).

This weekend's goal: to make my mom a(nother) patio.

This is where we started Saturday, around 5:00.

We had to buy/assemble a cultivator and then we struggled to get it started. About 2 minutes before Engine-Man aka Jerry showed up, we finally we started it. Then we joyfully took turns cultivating the ground.
We started to lay stones, and layed stones for a while. (For those of you GC hockey players, those are the lights from back then still!)
We ran out of stones, so had to stop. But that didn't stop us from moving my mom's new fire pit. Very nice. We made smores and all. :)

Sunday we bought the rest of the stuff and finished the patio. It came out alright. We didn't do a perfect job, but we did it and it is ready to use for Jayme's shower on the 11th! yay!

3 comments:

Irene said...

I think we did pretty close to perfect. It is just what I wanted. Thank you so much for all your hard work Nicole and Shannon (Jay and Jerry too) we did have a snag with the sprinkler, BUT Shannon will be glad to find out the sprinkler man told me how to fix it today so I'll do that tomorrow. he said the entire peice screws out and then I just cap off the 3/4 inch pipe. easy huh.

Addison said...

that's really cool!

I keep trying to convince my mom we need one on the new deck, but noooooo.

The Math Ninja said...

the sprinkler thing - that's good. It'll make it better.

and yes, you probably do need one on the new deck. Brick are pretty cheap at wal-mart