5.15.2010

Last Weekend Sans Baby

So, this is it. This is my last weekend with my family consisting of two people, Shannon and I. Even if she doesn't come on her own, Tuesday night I will be induced and one way or another she'll probably be here on Wednesday the 19th. Crazy.

So what are we doing you ask?

Just chillin'.

So far I've taken a nap, wonderful. Played Gladius with Shannon, also wonderful*. I've made coffee cake muffins with coffee, yummy. I weeded and trimmed some of our backyard "landscaping," looks much better. We planted two blueberry plants, sweet. I've done some random cleaning and laundry as well.

And it's only 8pm on Saturday. :)

*This game, Gladius, is awesome! Probably my favorite video game ever. We have the Game Cube version. It was released in 2003, so it's 7 years old. I'm sure other people won't like it as much as we do, but it's really fun. The story is lame, which is fine, I don't play video games for the story (generally). But the way you battle is what is cool. Instead of both people fighting at once, or pushing a button to kick or what not, you have to push the right button at the right time. So in the picture below, the bar on the bottom is the attack bar. You want to time it just right so that you hit the A button when the little slider is in the red. The orange is okay, and the blue is a miss.


But there are more versions of the attack bar. Sometimes you have to hit 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 buttons one one bar like above. Sometimes you have to aim for a green section in the middle of an entire orange bar. Sometimes you have to match the order of buttons shown in a certain amount of time. And each type of character's bar moves at different speeds. It's fun. I like it. Shannon and I beat the game once a few years back in Jardine. Last week or so we decided to play it again. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I remember playing this! It actually was pretty fun.