6.13.2010

The Beginning of the Aunts and Uncles


Friday night Jayme, Charles, Maria, and Nikki came down from Wichita. We just hung out on Friday night, watched some Startles, or Star Worlds, or Star Wars. It was quite fun to watch with Nikki. She's now quite 4, and it was interesting to have her tell you about what was going on. :) She's such a fun kid and cute too!



Then Saturday we went to the Fox and Hound pub to watch the USA versus England World Cup game. It was packed and pretty fun. I'm glad we ended up tying instead of losing. :) Keagan was pretty good the whole time. Mostly just sleeping and then being in an alert wake state the rest of the time.


Saturday evening, me and my sisters went to Walmart to shop for dinner and Sunday's food. It was about 40$ for everything. So much cheaper to eat at home then eat out! We then came back and cooked some food, ate the food, and watched more Star Wars. Oh, and we went to the new prototype Quick Trip. Everyone got something fun. Shannon got me an iced hot cocoa and Maria got a horchata smoothie. :) Crazy.


Sunday (today), we made grilled fruit and waffles (just like with Mom). Yummy! It's so good. I didn't know that I'd enjoy grilled fruit as much as I do. Thanks Grill Masters cookbook! After some more Star Wars and some chillin', the siblings+ left. :( It was great to see them and spend some time with them. I wish we all lived closer, but maybe one day we will.


I had a nice time. Also, things are going smoother with Keagan. Each day we learn more about how to read her. And, she's getting SO much better at holding her head steady, especially when she's not sleepy.

2 comments:

Tuba Queen said...

Have I mentioned that I love her!?

Irene said...

Oh my gosh, I love these people all so much. Some of my favorite people on earth are in these pictures Nicole. Do you see how aweseomely perfect my two granddaughters are!!! and how gorgeous my 3 daughters are and how handsome my 2 son in laws are!!!! I"m so LUCKY!
Life is good.