I've been doing some stitchery lately, and I don't just mean my curtains. I've also been making cute little statistical plushies. It was Shannon's idea and he is giving me feedback as I go. So far I've made 3 little fellas.
The standard normal (z) was the first one I made. The fabric is quite thin so you can see the dark threads through him. Also, his top isn't very smooth or symmetric and his mouth is too low. But he is still a little cutie.
Next I made Student's t. I used the same fabric, so same issue there, but he has multiple degrees of freedom. So I embroidered a curve for 2,5, and 200 (I think, I don't remember for sure). However, his bottom isn't very straight.
Then last night I made Chi-squared. I used a different fabric, obviously. This time you can't see through it, but I should have used darker floss for his different curves (at 5, 10, and 20 degrees of freedom). I also should have used lighter floss for his eyes. You can't even see the little buggers. Due to the curves, deciding where to put his face took some time, it's okay, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, instead of stitching his bottom, I placed it on the fold. That not only seems to make more sense, but it looks a bit smoother too.