11.06.2009

Company Potluck

We had our holiday potluck at work today. Shannon and I brought Creamed Onions with Sage and Autumn Cheesecake.

Shannon made the onions and sage. I think this dish would make a good green bean casserole. They always call for cream of something soup, but we don't cook with cans (generally). So, I think using this onion recipe would be a good substitute for the canned soup.

As for the cheesecake, I made it. We make it every holiday season for one reason or another. It's really good! I don't make any changes to the recipe either. It's a good amount of crust to cheesecake to apples. Some comments say to add more cheesecake filling, but I think that would be too much. We use Granny Smith apples and about 3 apples is 4 cups.

Now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving at our place even more!

1 comment:

Tuba Queen said...

I can't wait for thanksgiving! Turkey Mashed Potatoes Stuffing, Pumpkin Cheesecake!!! Oh yeah, and family. HAHA