1.16.2007

A New Holy Baby Part 2

On Sunday, the weather was kinda crummy. But, Catholic churches don't cancel their masses (apparently) and we had a baptism to go to. So, just about all of us drove out to the church ususally 30 minutes away (it took us 50). We were a pleasant 30 minutes late to the service.

Afterwards, Baby Nicole was baptized. That was the reason that my family came out now and not some other time. It was a fine ceremony. Jayme made the baby's dress, so that is worth a pat on the back for her. *pat, pat*

After that we drove back to Mom's and about 36 people all together came by to eat with us and have a nice time. While taking some pictures, Nicole decided she wanted to explore that white and pink thing in front of her. So she kinda played with the icing on her cake. She put her hands on it and picked up some of it (accidentally I think). She put her cakey hands up to her face and then squeezed. All the icing oozed out between her fingers. Pretty fun.

That night, Maria and I decorated Dakoda. She let us tie 3 strips of crepe paper to her. The one on her nose didn't last very long.

Baby Nicole is so cute. I really enjoy seeing her. I look forward to when she is old enough to play with and talk to. You done good, Jay.

2 comments:

Tuba Queen said...

Well thankyou. In these pictures she looks so much like Jerry. I can't wait till she gets hair, I am hopeing she'l look like me alittle bit then :) Hey we have to get together in Feb. Let me and Ma know your free weekends.

Irene said...

I like that picture of Aunts and G-pa with Nicole. very nice. Yes Catholic churches always keep mass, they live right in rectories and they hold mass even if no one shows up. So no reason to cancel. I was surprised they didnt cancel the Baptism, but I guess it would be the same thing. It was a very pretty church too. Anyway, little Nicole now has her Aunt Nicoles name AND her Aunt Maria as a godmother. Pretty lucky kid!