1.31.2007

Postpone the Soup


So, our car has been having issues with its front driver's side tire. We have to put air in it about once every 2 weeks. We said we would get a new tire sometime, but that time wasn't now. Or was it? Yesterday we filled 'er up, she was quite low. Today, well, this morning at 7:30, I went to go to school and the car drove kinda funny, so I stopped, parked in the nearest spot, and sure enough, the tire was flat. Not just low, but flat. I grumbled a little (it was about 12 degrees) and then went back to get my hat, a scarf, and leg warmers (thank goodness for those things!). I proceeded to walk to school and continue with my day.

After we got home around 5, Shannon and I checked to see if we could just use some fix-a-flat and be on our way to the new tire world. But this is gonna need a spare. Dang it all. I'll have to walk to class again tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Gare Bear said...

Maybe I can help. The tire is only flat on one side. Lift the car slightly and rotate the tire so that a round area contacts the ground. Or, if you want, you can formulate some math problem dealing with tangents (the flat area should be reasonable tangent to the wheel. Did you know you can generate raw materials for those cool tire sandals we had when I was growing up? How, you ask. Drive the car with the tire flat. If you drive far enough, the good (for making sandals) part of the tire, the tread area, will be cut away from those troublesome sidewalls. Then, all you have to do is figure out where the tread part rolled to (or is that it wrapped around your half-shaft and brake line?) and cut out a foot-shaped portion. Glue on an equally foot-shaped portion of leather with some cool criss-cross straps and viola, your flat tire has become tire sandals. See if you can wear them out by walking 60,000 miles?