2.01.2005

Hocker-sized!

Wow, hockey was not only fun, but really rough tonight. I kept getting stomach pains. Jenette said that in Sim World, I am either pregnant, or food poisened. I hope its neither! :)

NoChildLeftBehind is a crummy system. I mean, at JCMS, the black sub-group is the one that is failing. And after giving my released items test to the seventh graders, I saw the same trends. Its kinda sad...but I don't know what to do. My theory is that the reason the black males can't do well, is because all the math teachers at JCMS are young white females. Kinda the opposite of them. I would guess it's hard for them to see how its relevent to them, even if they don't know it, I'm sure it has some type of subconscious effect. Eh...that's life...

Tired, and bed sounds good. night.

1 comment:

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

Funny. We were just talking about this very thing in my EdPsych class. A lot of it is because of the teachers being so different from their students but you should also remember that it doesn't mean it's impossible to teach them. Difficult, yes, but not impossible. Sometimes they just need someone to believe in them.