5.05.2006

Akward Nap

Yesterday I went on a grant to the Junction City Sheriff's Office with one of my students. It was a rather interesting trip. Some highlights...We pulled over 2 people and gave one a ticket, we went 130 mph!! I learned that a woman once fit a fully loaded 9mm gun inside of a ziploc bag inside of her. She didn't even seem to notice, said the officer.

When the officer would pull people over, he would walk up to the car and touch the back of it. When he asked us why he did this, the student said to make sure the car is off. The officer added two more reasons, to make sure the hatch door is shut, and to put his fingerprints on the car. That way if someone claims they didn't get pulled over, they can find the cops prints on the car. Interesting.

It was pretty fun. I had to sit in the back because there isn't enough room up front for 3. That was an experience I hope to never have again. I don't want to be put back there, that would mean I did something wrong. It was really small back there, but the seats were comfy. And my wonderful ability to sleep in all cars kicked in and I feel asleep, only for about 5 minutes, but I fell asleep.


Only 15 days!

1 comment:

Irene said...

Wow nick, I've never been in a police car at all no less with a tour guide and examples. Fun. Very interesting about the stuff you now know. Fingerprints, interesting.