3.27.2006

Another St. Louis Weekend

This last weekend, Shannon, Newgen, Andrea, and I went to St. Louis, again, for hockey. But I didn't play. None of us played, we watched my very first NHL game. We saw the Colorado Avalanche versus the St. Louis Blues. It was sad, first the Avs were down, 0-1. Then they went down 0-2 :(. But then it all went good. They scored two goals in the second, bringing it tied 2-2. The game ended the 3rd tied, and 53 seconds into overtime, Joe Sakic (yay!) scored the winning goal! Yay! We won! It was very fun. It'd be even more fun if it was at the PepsiCenter. Next time.
Savvis Center

We also went to the Gateway Arch. 630 feet high and wide. It is rather large. We went back a second time on Sunday so we could ride the creepy tiny tram to the top. I am a wuss. I was pretty scared up top.

Gateway Arch

View from Arch

View on other Side

It was pretty neat though. We drove home. Found some Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream soda at a gas station. It was pretty good, but I don't like Dr. Pepper, so I'm a bad judge. Also on our way home, while driving through the curvy part of Topeka, our car turned 100,000 mile!

100,000 miles

Woohoo! It took us just under 6 years and 5 months. Which is kinda fast. If the average car travel 12,000 miles per year, it would take over 8 years to reach the mark. But it is really hard to find on the net. So, if you have a different estimate, I'd be glad to hear it.

2 comments:

Irene said...

That is so cool Nicole. My first NHL Hockey game was in the 70's, in Madison Square Garden in New York, the Rangers played I think the Maple leafs, Rangers won 7-0, Eddie Jackoman(sp) was the goalie. It was GREAT! I'm glad you got to go! OH, and nice pictures, I love the one with the shadow.

Big Red said...

Sweet pics!!

Congrats on getting your car over the 100,000 mile mark, too. That's a badge of honor.