1.30.2005

Oh yeah...Dork time

I forgot.

Last night (actually this morning around 3:30?) while driving home, I was kinda tired, but got to thinking. I really miss math. I mean, I used to hate getting stuck on homework, and failing every test in Foundations of Anaylsis wasn't too cool either...but it is nice to know that you know stuff.

Overall, the type of math I was using was kind useless, but I liked it. Which got me to thinking about the coolest mathematical equation of them all...

eiπ+1=0

Groovy. eiπ is cos(π) +isin(π) which is -1 + 0 so -1. And -1 + 1 = 0. Too cool. Because...it has every important concept rolled into one equivalent equation! Multiplication, Addition, the Additive Inverse, the Multiplicative Inverse, e, i, and π! Cool.

Ah...mathemagic!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh the memories, you speak of the Math Ninja that is Dr. Bennett. I remember back from Dif Eq (take 2 or 3) how he told the enitre class that this formula proved the existence of God. And how he also had this formula imprinted on the inside of his belt. :)

It is a pretty fun formula...

Rock Rock On!

Kerplachistan out :)